Say “I Love You” With Seeds
Let your love GROW!
Sweets and cut flowers are temporary, but seeds are a gift that keeps giving. Valentines with green thumbs are sure to appreciate these creative and thoughtful gifts.
1) A Valentine Box of Seeds
To create this valentine, I simply purchased a heart-shaped box of candy, replacing the sweets with seeds. I drew a nice little map that identified the seeds in each section, and glued it to the inner lid.
2) Create Seed Paper Cards, from Garden Therapy
3) Seed Bottle Valentines, from Birds and Blooms
4) Seed-Starter Valentines, from Martha Stewart
5) Seed Packet Valentines, from Arts and Crackers
6) Seed Bomb Valentines, from elSage Designs
7) Burlap-Wrapped Seed Packet Valentines, from ABCs & Garden Peas
8) Adopt a Seed in someone’s honor, from Kew Royal Botanic Gardens
9) Send a Valentine’s Gift Basket of Seeds, from Baker Creek Heirloom Seed Company
10) Purchase seeds referencing “Valentines” or “Love” and gift them in a pretty planting container or card.
- ‘Giant Valentine’ Tomato
- ‘Sweet Valentine’ Lettuce
- ‘Red Valentine’ Bean
- ‘Black Valentine’ Bean
- ‘Valentine’ Sunflower
- ‘Buff Valentine’ Bean
- ‘Funny Valentine’ Cypress Vine (annual vining flower)
- ‘Valentine Giant Bleeding Heart‘ (perennial flower)
- ‘Love-in-a-Mist’ (annual flower)
- ‘Love in a Puff’ (annual vining flower)
- ‘Love-Lies-Bleeding’ (annual flower)
What about you? Do you have other Valentine-themed seed gifts to share?